Tuesday, January 24, 2006

My first fabric postcard and layout woes

I laid out all the flying geese units last night and it took over an hour to try and lay them out nicely in rows! I had no idea that it was going to take so long. I still managed to have a couple of like units next to each other but it couldn't be helped. I figure that it is only a scrap quilt anyways.
I still haven't decided on the sashing but maybe I'll just "float" the rows with another strip of the backgroung fabric. Decisions, decisions :)

This is a picture of my first fabric post card! This was so fun to do. I machine embroidered the fish, on my Pfaff sewing machine, right on the Timtex and fabric for stability then couched the yarn down on the side for a nice sea-weed effect. The bubbles have tulle in them with metallic thread for the outline. I like the effect. I hope that my friend likes it! I hope it gets through the mail okay! It's fun to try something new.





This is the block that I did today for my quilt guild "tinners" group. It is like a round robin block exchange and lots of fun. At the end of the exchange everyone will have nine blocks using their specific theme and feature fabric. This theme was autumn. The small dots are green and orange crystals. I machine embroidered the block using rayon thread and the blanket stitch. I hope that she will be happy with it!

1 comment:

The Ramblin Irishman said...

My wife made me a quilt (??) or blanket depending on how you look at it, out of the many T-shirts we had gathered over the years. I thoroughly enjoyed reading all the captions, seeing all the different things we had been involved with and the grandkids just love it. You have a talent that many would love to have.

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...