Thursday, March 30, 2006

Log Cabin Quilting

Hi all! Today's blog is going to be just a couple of short tips on log cabin quilt blocks.

I discovered this tip many years ago when I was making a whole bunch of log cabin blocks. I always had difficulty remebering which side of the block got the next log. then I realized, after the first "round" of logs, that the side that had two seams on it got the next log. Three sides will only have one seam on it and one side will have two. This made making log cabin blocks soooo much easier and faster for me. I hope that it works for you too. You can follow the seams on the log cabin block here to see what I mean.

Also, a tip that I wish I had known when I pieced these blocks, is to always press the block into the centre. If you press them out you will get distortion as the block bow outwards. You can see a bit of this with these blocks.

Well, I hope that these log cabin tips can help you. If you have any comments please feel free to post here on my blog. You can also post anoymously if you don't want to sign in.

No comments:

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...