Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A finished UFO

I can't believe that I had this project sitting in my scrap bin for two years! It was all cut out, sandwiched and most of the quilting was done. All I had to do was finish up quilting a few of the individual blocks, assemble the quilt and cut the seams. I just got so tired of moving it while I looked for something in my scrap bin.

The blocks are cut at 4.5" and the batting at 4" and the blocks are sewn together with a 3/8" seam allowance. It is made out of scraps of flannel and brushed cotton from other Christmas projects. I made one of these for my boys out of children's fabric scraps and it quickly became the favourite quilt in the house so I figured that one out of Christmas fabrics would be nice. It is just a small lap quilt but perfect for throwing over your legs.

I have been trying to finish up a bunch of UFO's and use up my scraps lately so this little project just feels like one more step towards finishing all those UFO's.

No comments:

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...