Saturday, July 01, 2006

Happy Canada Day!!

Happy Canada Day Everyone!

This is a picture of my Canada Day quilt hanging in the wondow of my quilting room. I made this a few years ago to hang in this window for Canada Day. I get lots of compliments on it every year from people walking by to go to the celebration in the park down the street.

I think that the pattern was from a Quiltmaker magazine but I don't remember, sorry. I did it using 2" squares on the fusible pellon grid so that it was really easy to sew.

We went out for a hike today to Eagles Nest Peak in Calabougie with the kids and here is the view from the top. Isn't it spectacular? You hike up the mountain until you get to this shear drop off with a view of the Ottawa valley. It is really breath-taking.

It is wierd that I have lived in this area for a several years now and we've never gone to see this view before. It really makes me wonder about all the things to see and do that are right at your door step. Sometimes I think that we all concentrate on what else there is to see instead of looking at where we live.

What better way to celebrate Canada day than to go and see a part of Canada that you've never seen before :) It's been rainy here so the deer flies were out in full force but other than that it was great.

1 comment:

Simonetta said...

Hi Katrina,happy day also from me. Your quilt is very beautiful!!!

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...