Tuesday, January 16, 2007

More quilts for the hospital

Hi all;
Thank you all for your nice comments about my "Bella Fiori" embroidery quilt :) I really enjoyed it (except for the ripping part) and I am planning my next embroidery quilt project now.

I spent a couple of hours yesterday machine quilting another quilt for our local hospital :) You can see the first one here. I think that it turned out very nice. The blocks were peiced by various members of our quild and the top was assembled by another one of our guild members. Then it came to me to quilt. i did a very simple all over wave pattern on this one and I really think that it turned out nicely. We plan to have 12 quilts all together to donate to the hospital by our June meeting so that should be pretty great :)

I also spent some time today working on UFO #2 for 2007! Hopefully it will turn out okay. I am working on a bag from left-over pieces from my raggy jackets (pattern by Four Corners Designs) and I have WAAAAY more left-over pieces than I thought that I did :) I'll have to post some picutres of these jackets too at some point because they are so cozy to wear. I think that I have enough for another 2-3 bags or maybe another jacket :) Why do I over-buy like that? Well, all that I can say is that these scraps are about 3 years old and I think that I may be better at purchasing fabric now LOL!

No comments:

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...