Sunday, February 25, 2007

Summer Tote Finished

Hi all!
It's been a bit since I last posted. I've been busy lately. On Friday I taught the second of two classes on my free-form sweatshirt jackets. You can see the sweatshirt jacket method here. Everyone really enjoyed the class and the jackets really look wonderful. I just have to finish hand sewing down my binding and I will be finished mine too :)

This cute little tote bag is the Summer Tote pattern by Lazy Girl Designs. Isn't it cute? I did it out of the new Cho Cho fabrics by Maywood that just came to my LQS. I have received so many comments on it so far that it is very gratifying :) I know this wasn't a UFO but hey I just had to make it. It is such a nice size and it fits under my arm really well. I just love Joan Hawley's patterns. They are very clear and easy to follow and they always turn out really well. I have made a few of her bags and I have always been very pleased. If you haven't made any of her bags yet you should really consider it :)

I am still working on my UFO's. I just need to make one more preemie quilt and I will have all 20 finished and another UFO will be off my list. I'll post a picture of them all when I get them all finished.

Also, please feel free to post comments! I always love hearing from everyone and I find it very inspiring to read what you all think.

6 comments:

Joyce said...

Love the bag. A person can never have too many cute bags.

SuBee said...

Lazy Girl designs are one of my most favorite - you can't go wrong! Your fabric choices for the summer bag are perfect, it just feels like summer.

Unknown said...

Very cute bag Katrina. Glad to see the UFO's are progressing. I joined in on the frenzy today piecing 1/2 square triangles, still have over 300 to do. Oh my goodness am begining to wonder why I chose a pattern with so many of them in it. Also looked at your instructions for the sweatshirt jacket. Very clear directions, thanks for sharing.

floribunda said...

that's a great bag Katrina -- I love the Lazy Girl patterns, too.

Anonymous said...

This bag is super cute. I'm just getting into quilting and I find your site inspiring!

Lazy Girl said...

Hi Katrina,

Your Summer Tote is scrumptious! I love your fabric combination.

Great job!

Joan Hawley
Lazy Girl Designs

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...