Tuesday, March 20, 2007

UFO #12 almost finished

Hi all;
I thought that I'd better post this picture now since one of these quilts is being sent in the mail today. This is UFO #12 just shy of being finished. I purchased this pattern of the Three Sisters mountains in Canmore Alberta when we were there this summer. I made one for us to keep and one to send out to our friends who let us stay in their house. It is just beautiful there and none of us wanted to leave. The quilts are quite small but they have a big impact. Anyways, I had these quilts pretty much all ready to go I just had to do the final cutting and fusing; and, then well, they got put away for several months! LOL! Really, the problem was that I needed some new sharper scissors before I could do anymore cutting. So, I got some new scissors and I finished the two quilts in just a couple of days. Now to get the binding turned to the back on the second quilt and they will both be completely finished! Yay!

3 comments:

floribunda said...

what a nice souvenir, and what a terrific thank-you gift!

Susan said...

They look very lovely, and it must feel great to get a UFO off the pile!

Pam said...

Very pretty little pieces. I have driven by Canmore a hundred times - but I have never really stopped in the town. Just at the gas stations along the highway. I hear there is a nice little quilt shop in Canmore. Maybe I will drive INTO Canmore this summer :))

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...