Friday, May 04, 2007

My Friend's "In Full Bloom" Quilt

Hi all;
This is a picture of my friend Sandy's "In Full Bloom" quilt by Pineneedles. Didn't she do a wonderful job?! She ordered a complete kit from Hancocks, I think, so that she had all the patterns and all the fabric for the quilt. It is embellished with hot fix crystals and various stones as well as silk ribbon. I posted this picture because she had asked me to do the quilting for her. When I quilt the Pineneedles designs I always do the machine appliqué and quilting at the same time to get a great effect. That way you don't have too much mono filament thread on the quilt and it makes the pieces pop up a bit. I think that Sandy did a great job on it. She hangs her quilts in her hair salon so that all her customers can enjoy them. Aren't they lucky :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the PineNeedles stuff. The colours are always so gorgeous. I'm currently doing Petals of my Heart.
That quilt looks fabulous. One to add to the to do list I think

gina xxx

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...