Thursday, June 21, 2007

Quilt Guild Challenge Quilt

Hi all;
We had out quilt guild final meeting for the year last night. Wow what a great meeting :) We had a potluck appetizer type of buffet and the judging to the challenge last night.

The challenge was neat. We had 32 people enter so the challenge got divided into two groups. Out of the groups of 16 we all had to submit one meter of fabric. The next month we got back 1/16 of each of the meters of fabric. We were allowed to add one neutral and one other fabric.

This is my entry into the challenge. It is a pattern called "Magic Circles' from the book Scrap Frenzy by Sally Schneider. The pattern appealed to me since I teach pilates and we use a tool called a magic circle. The rings are mostly the different fabrics but my "other" fabric is in the rings as well. The neutral is the cream background fabric. I hand quilted this quilt 1/4" outside of every seam in the background and on a diagonal in the border. I didn't place but I had a lot of fun with the challenge especially since I didn't find myself inspired by the fabric so I had to come up with something that would be usable later and that I would like.

What do you all think? :)

4 comments:

Kim West said...

very pretty!!!

~Niki~ said...

Just poppin' by to say HI. I'm on the Q4P blogring as well ;) Love your blog!

Anne-Mettes Oaser said...

I think your quilt looks great. A fine way to use a lot of different fabrics :-).
Greetings from Denmark
Anne-Mette

Anonymous said...

Wonderful job using 16 different fabrics! Way to go! Sounds like a challenge I would like to present to our guild.
Wendy; waving to you from Eastern Canada

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...