Sunday, September 23, 2007

Another Sweatshirt Jacket

Hi all!

I put the finishing stitches in the binding on this jacket this morning! I am happy to finally have finished this jacket. I made it for a friend (who owns the local quilt shop) and it was started in the spring if you can believe it. I cut apart the sweatshirt and did almost all of the piecing then I put it away until this week :) I really didn't do too much sewing at all this summer and this was one of the projects that got put away. It's very embarrassing that I put it away for so long especially when it is for someone else. Oh well!

Here's the back of the jacket. Just a very simple piecing pattern. I cut 4 1/2" strips and joined them together. Then I made them all into a tube and sub-cut it into 4 1/2" tubes. I rotated the tubes until I found where I wanted the pieces and then cut them apart. Very simple but with such amazing fabric you really don't need anything fussy.

If you want to see my explanation on how I do sweatshirt jacket you can check it out in my older blog post Part 1 and Part 2.

If you have any questions at all please feel free to post them and I will do my best to answer them.

5 comments:

Maria Elena Garcia Guanaguanay said...

Te felicito, esta chaqueta quedó muy bonito y sobre todo bien original.
Saludos
MARIA ELENA

JustCindy said...

Very pretty. Hard to believe that started as a sweatshirt.

Ohio Quilter said...

Love it along with the colors, gorgeous~~~ well done

Rose Marie said...

The jacket is wonderful and just in time for cooler weather.

Hanne said...

Lovely jacket. I bet your friend is happy :-)

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...