Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Baby Quilt Finished

Well, I finished another baby quilt and it is delivered to the woman who ordered it from me! She is really happy with it so that is always really rewarding. Even though they picked out the fabrics and the pattern themselves I couldn't help but be a bit worried that they wouldn't like it. I always get like that :) every time I give a quilt as a gift I worry that they won't like it.

Do we all worry that our work will be appreciated and liked? Probably. It's silly though.


I have another baby quilt to make for two of our friends who are due in May and I had a bit of a brainwave today about it. I think that I will do another 4-patch 1-patch quilt using the yellow and white patches and the blue batik bears as the feature fabric. You can see the border fabric with corner-stones but I am not sure what to do for the first border. I have three different fabrics in there. I like the pink/purple fabric or the green the best I think. We are not sure about the sex of the baby so I am leaning towards the green fabric myself but a purple batik might be nice too. I'll have to go and hunt through my stash again :)

Which fabric do you guys think would look nice for the first border and probably binding?

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

That's a really cute baby quilt! I have to make one soon and this would be a great pattern. As for the border on the second one, I'm not sure any of those provide enough contrast. Do you have any more of the yellow? That would add a nice bright frame. Just my opinion of course....

Anonymous said...

definately the green!
and the blue one is beautiful by the way! what size do you make them?

Katrina said...

You asked what size I usually make my baby quilts. I usually make them about a meter square. The blue quilt was about 39" x 48" though. They wanted it a bit larger and it is a nice size. I use the book "More Quilts for Baby" for most of my baby quilts. HTH!

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...