Monday, September 13, 2010

Rug Hooking at Fiberfest

This weekend was so busy and fun!  We had a teacher meet and great at my local quilt shop Sew Inspired.  I talked a bit about it in my last post.  And I participated in Fiberfest for the third year.  What a great time we had sitting, and rug hooking and talking about rug hooking!  Hopefully we hooked a few new hookers LOL.
You can see our display here.  Unfortunately I took this picture on Sunday after the event was finishing so it it a bit messier than it was on Saturday morning.  I think that considering that our local hooking group "Rugs on the Go" only has a handful of members that we put on a pretty good display!  A lot of the work is by our most prolific member and she hooks wonderful rugs.  We had one rug hooking vendor there, Loretta Moore, so I of course bought some wool ;)  We sent many, many interested people over to her booth since her kits are so wonderful for beginners.  Everything is pre-cut and pre-drawn so all that you need is the hook.

I managed to get quite a bit of hooking done on my little pumpkin house rug.  I just can't decide on the door now ~ should it be the orange colour?  Or the same colour as the chimneys?

I'm thinking about doing the first little boarder in the gray black of the rook and then maybe an orangey type plaid for the outer boarder.  Any thoughts?  I'm a bit lost with this rug ~ I have to confess.  I think I'd like to start another geometric after this one is completed.

As an aside ~ this is the first time that I have hooked on monk's cloth and I really like it!!  It is so soft and the weave is so even.  I can see myself using this backing again.

I'd love it if you became a follower of my blog or left me a comment so that I know that you are out there in blog-land somewhere ;)

Happy Creating all!

No comments:

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...