Friday, April 06, 2012

A Couple of the Jelly Roll Race Quilts

Hi all!

I thought that I would share a couple of pictures of the Jelly Roll Race quilts with you all.   A couple of quilts were already handed in to me and I thought I might as well get a jump on them!  Since I was using a wide-back and a wide batting I decided to rack them together on my frame to quilt them quicker.

 

So, I loaded them together and quilted them loosely in a large meander.  Since these quilts are comfort quilts we decided on a nice flannel backing and to quilt them loosely so that they would be more cuddly.  I used a 50 weight cotton, off-white thread top and bobbin.

 

Here they all are quilted and trimmed with the binding ready to be prepared and sewn on by volunteers.  I think the quilting adds a lot of texture to the quilts myself!  

All told I quilted three quilts in the last couple of days!  Since we did 22 Jelly Roll Race quilts all together - that leaves 19 more to be quilted! Luckily I'm not doing all of them LOL!

Any quilty plans for the weekend?

1 comment:

Impera Magna said...

What a great quild project! Very cool!

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...