Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all of the Mom's - expecting Mom's - want-to-be Mom's and Mother-in-Laws out there!  xo!

What did I do today?  I went to a quilt show and purchased a few Mother's Day pressies for myself!


Yummy aren't they!  These are all Fil-Tec threads that I am looking forward to quilting with.  The large cones are Glide the smaller are the variegated Affinity and the bobbins are  the magna-glide magnetic core bobbins with a whopping 132 yds on each bobbin!  I am really looking forward to trying these out.  I really liked using the Glide thread on Phoebe and was very pleased with it so when I knew that the dealer would be at this show it just gave me another reason to get to a quilt show and buy some more!

Fil-Tec threads are all  a 40 weight trilobal polyester thread that is strong (but not too strong) smooth and has wonderful colours and a shine that just makes the thread melt into the fabric.  I loved it for machine quilting - no thread breaks :-D

Isn't that green just yummy?  I have no clear destination for that thread but how could I leave it there!!?

Just had to share my quilter's candy!

1 comment:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

These are very pretty!! Do you use them in a long arm?

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...