Wednesday, April 18, 2018

My Pictures are Working Again!

Hi all!

I know it's been forever since I blogged!  But, for some unknown, at the time, reason I couldn't upload photos to my computer for a long time!  Anyways, we finally figured it out and now photos are uploading again so I can blog - yey!

I will start to share some of the things I have been working on - I have been slowly getting those quilt tops out of the closet and onto my frame for finishing!

I finally figured out how I wanted to quilt my Sew Kind of Wonderful 1930's Metro Rings quilt.  I wanted to make it look heirloom with hatching to fit with the style.


Talk about ruler-work with this one!  But the texture is great!  I used 40 weight Glide Thread and pre-wound white bobbins.



 On one of the coldest, and windiest, days in the winter my oldest son and I went down to the park to try to take some photos.  The sky was so clear and the sun was so bright I figured it would be great.  Wrong!  We froze standing there is the wind!!


I finally gave up and put the quilt flat on the snow to take this picture of the texture :-)  It worked!  Well, it worked a lot better than standing near the water in the cold wind!

I love the texture that quilting gives to a quilt - it really makes a quilt for me.  I really love the juxtaposition of the curves in the piecing and all the straight lines in the quilting.  And looking back at these photos I can clearly remember this day with a smile on my face :-) 

No comments:

2022 Christmas T-Shirt Quilt Gift

As promised - here is the T-Shirt Quilt Christmas Gift from 2022! I did share this on my Facebook page but not on my blog, (whoops sorry!) s...